Class Start Date: Jan/31/2019
Class End Date: Mar/29/2019
Registration End Date: Feb/14/2019
This entry level session will provide seven video classes for you to learn and practice Guqin. The overall goal is to help you learn and experience Guqin in an easy and relax way, which is also the best status to play and enjoy the melody of Guqin.
These video classes will focus on explaining the details of basic finger techniques and different Guqin tunes. These techniques are very important for students to learn ancient Guqin melody. The common mistakes will be covered and discussed in the video classes.The instructor will also provide instruction for you to practice on your own. It is recommended to practice half hour each day to ensure your comfortable level with Guqin.
At the end of each class, the instructor will assign homework. Please record your homework and send back to us. The instructor will review and provide feedback to ensure your understanding of the class content.
WHAT STUDENTS WILL BE ABLE TO DO AFTER THE CLASS
- Master two most frequently used finger techniques: Gou and Tiao
- Be able to play three different Guqin Tunes: San Yin, Fan Yin and An Yin
- Be able to play two simple modern melodies <<Ocean Roars>> and <<Sliver Cloud in the Moon Light>> and one ancient melody <<Cang Lang Ge>> (meaning Green Weave River Song in English).
CLASS AVAILABLE DATE AND HOMEWORK DEADLINE
Please note the homework deadline is served as a practicing guideline/schedule. Please try to follow as much as you can and let the instructor know if you will be late to send the homework.
Video Expiration Date: Mar/29/2019
- It is important to ensure your proficiency level with class one/two/three before moving on the rest. Class one/two/three will focus on right hand practice with Guqin tune: San Yin which will largely determine how well you can play with Guqin in the future.
- Starting from class four, we will transition into left hand practice and learn how to play Guqin tune: Fan Yi. Fan Yin requires right hand play with minimum help from left hand.
- In the class five to six, we will start to learn how to play Guqin tune: An Yin. An Yin requires both hands working together. If you start to feel hard at class, please go back to class three and repeat the practice until you can play well without looking your right hand.
GETTING FEEDBACK AND STAY CONNECT WITH THE INSTRUCTOR
- Messenger Group: after purchasing the class please install WECHAT and add contact -MAGIGI
- Email： Please send to Shi YunLong (Instructor) Suqingtang2008@hotmail.com and copy Yi An (Advisor): firstname.lastname@example.org.
REFUND POLICY (PLEASE READ)
We are selling these seven videos as a whole package. After purchasing the class, the students can request a full refund anytime before Jan/31/2019. After Jan/31/2019, the tuition fee is nonrefundable.
Please also consider to register account with us before placing your oder for the best convenience to access your class videos.