A early spring picked white leaf green tea from Yun Nan.
Normally the best pick time for green tea is before Qing Ming (清明), which is around beginning of April. The earlier the pick time is the higher the aroma or more pectin, which normally result in a foam on top of tea water as you can see from the picture. This tea has a nice fresh grass aroma with a hint of plum which is quite typically for many Yun Nan green tea.
White leaf is a type of light and tender green leaf. The tea farmer likes to call light and tender green leaf as white leaf. In general white leaf green tea is light and sweet.
This is very easy to make tea, different with other green tea, it is less likely to get bitter as long as you are not too far away from the brewing instruction below :). Please feel free to adjust according to your preference.
Tea ware: Tea Pot, Glass Cup
1. Measure the tea as 2 gram for every 100ml - 120ml water.
2. Heat up the tea pot or glass cup with hot water.
3. Put in the tea and fill up 1/3 container with 194F-200F water. Let the tea sit there for about 15 seconds. If you are using a tea pot, please keep the lid open.
4. Fill up the 80% of container with 195F water.
5. Let the tea soak in the water about 2 - 2.5 minutes before pouring it out or tasting it.